So, it’s the last game of the season already. It’s been a season to forget for Sporting fans but the future is looking bright if the summer is as good as promised.
- Pedro Proença will be the referee. He will be assisted by linesmen Tiago Trigo and André Campos.
- João Pereira’s appeal against his dismal and ban from the match against Portimonense has been turned down, which means he will be missing from this game. Promising youngster Cédric Soares will be set to take the role once again. On a side note, Abel’s surgery was a success, although he will still be looking at 5 months out of action, and possibly without a club for next season.
- Simon Vukčević has amassed enough yellow cards this season to be banned for the final match.
- Braga maybe likely to rest some key players of their own ahead of their Europa League final against Porto.
- André Santos should return after he sat out the last match with suspension, which may mean Daniel Carriço will go back to his more natural centre-back role.
- With all the talk of a huge shake-up in the squad this summer, some players may well be fighting to stay at the club. We should all be seeing a much improved performance than the one against Vitória at least.