There’s plenty of news ahead of the penultimate game of this season, against Vitória in Setubal.
- It seems to be a good week for Yannick Djaló. Yannick looks set to be fit after early worries of whether or not he would be able to participate in Sunday’s game. Although he has been doing specialised training, there is confidence that he will play this weekend. On top of that the attacking midfielder is set to be handed a new and improved contract to keep him at the club. It’s also his 25th birthday today, so happy birthday Yannick.
- Maniche looks set to return and fill the roll of the suspended André Santos after he was sent off in the last match against Portimonense. It will be Maniche’s first match since February 27th in the 1-0 defeat to Nacional.
- Carlos Saleiro is looking unlikely to make the cut for the squad. Saleiro has been doing individual training at the gym, and could be a late inclusion should training progress from today. The Lisbon born striker will be reassessed tomorrow.
- Caretaker coach José Couceiro has been absent lately due to personal issues which has meant he has been in Angola. It’s not certain what these issues are or when he will return. José Lima and Oceano have been in charge of the training sessions so far
- The referee in charge with be Paulo Batista, and he will be assisted by Paulo Soares and Jorge Cruz. We’ll be hoping that Batista can do a much better job than Duarte Gomes and Artur Soares Dias recently.